Winter is one of the seasons that most of us look forward too. Winter means Christmas, holiday and family time, and warm evenings in front of the fireplace. But, though we enjoy these cold months most of us just hate to have a bath with that freezing water. For some washing their hands with the cold water is a nightmare. But, if you have a water heater there is no need for such worries.
There are four different types of heaters available that you can choose from. They are:
1. Storage tank water heaters- this is the most common type that is used. These heaters constantly heat water and store them in a tank, so hot water is available all the time. As the hot water is being used, cold water enters the storage tank and gets heated. These work on gas, electricity, and oil.
2. Tankless heaters- as the name suggests, these do not have a tank for storage. They heat the water as and when it is needed. These run on electricity or on a gas burner. These are apt for people with small homes as it does not take up too much space. Sometimes these are also used as booster heaters along with other heating systems.
3. Integrated space/heating systems- this is the most economical type of. It is made up of only one boiler, one combustion burner and one vent. It effectively warms the water.
4. Solar heaters- these run on solar energy. They are apt for people who live in areas with a lot of sunshine. Solar energy is free; therefore these are really very economical.
Like most systems, water heaters are also subject to wear and tear. Therefore, it is important that you maintain them properly. Here are a few points on how to maintain them:
1. It is important to remove the sediment that accumulates in these systems. It is usually removed by dissolving it with a descaler. It is very important that you read the instructions on how to use the descaler otherwise you could damage your heater.
2. Try and keep a check on the sediment by using softened water. If you reduce the heat then it slows down the formation of sediment.
3. Check for leaks. If there are any then it is best you repair them at once to avoid further damage.
4. Some of the parts are made up of steel therefore check for rust.
Depending on how much hot water you require and how big your home is choose a water heater. Atlanta is served by one of the most efficient heater repairing agencies- Superior Plumbing. They have professional staff that is capable of solving all problems pertaining to heaters.