Did You Know?
· While the daily recommended amount of water is eight cups per day, not all of this water must be consumed in the liquid form. Nearly every food or drink item provides some water to the body.
· Somewhere between 70 and 75 percent of the earth’s surface is covered with water.
· The total amount of water on the earth is about 326 million cubic miles of water.
· The average person in the United States uses anywhere from 80 to 100 gallons of water per day.
· 15 percent of households supply their own water from private wells or other sources.
Water – we use it for every part of our lives. Consequently, we want to know that it is water that is safe. Depending on where you live, you may be using municipal water which has various additives. However, for many homeowners city water is either not an option, or perhaps not preferred. It is then that a water well drilling team will be called in.
Once the water well drilling team has put in your well, it is not simply a forget about it aspect of the home. To keep your well working properly, there are several maintenance steps you will want to take.
· At least once a year, you should have your well checked for any mechanical problems, cleanliness, and the presence of chemicals and contaminates such as bacteria, nitrates, radon and even arsenic.
· From time to time, take a moment to ensure that your well cover is at least one foot above the ground.
· If at any point you question whether there is proper separation between your well, home, waste system and chemical storage system, call in a water well drilling professional.
· To minimize the risk of chemicals entering your well, keep all hazardous materials such as paint, fertilizer, pesticides, and motor oil away from your well.
· If you or your family members frequently get stomach related illnesses, consider having your well tested to see that there are no unwanted additives in the water.
· The average well has a lifespan of 20 years. Once your well has reached this age, it is wise to have a certified water well drilling expert come decommission the existing well and then put in a new one.
Maintaining your water well is not difficult. But it is not something to overlook. Don’t wait until there is a serious problem to ask for help or to call someone to look at it. Be proactive and keep your water well everything you need it to be.